Calling all Artists for the Great Trash Can Redux
The Galesburg Downtown Council and the Galesburg Public Art Commission are looking to help spruce up the downtown Area by Creatively renovating the 38 large trash cans in the downtown area.
Selected participants will receive a stipend of $100.
- Artists must submit drawings and proposals for review by a committee comprised of local artists, members Galesburg Downtown Council, GPAC, and City of Galesburg.
- Submissions will be judged on originality, artistic merit, suitability and representation of the theme; Galesburg Past, Present, futur
- Submissions must be dropped off or mailed to 311 East Main Street Suite 206, Galesburg, IL 61401. Digital images can also be sent to email@example.com, please put Trash Can Redux in the subject line.
- Notifications will be sent to selected artists on a rolling basis
- Those artists whose ideas are selected will be required to work on their trash cans at a public event through out the summer at Galesburg Farmer’s Markets beginning in June. Cans will be prepped with base coat, and will be made available to the artist the Friday before their scheduled Farmer’s Market for any prep work that needs to be completed by the artist including initial design. Additional accommodations may be made if artist feels extra time is needed, this will take place on an individual basis.
- The Theme for the project is Galesburg Past, Present and Future.
- Fill out the attached entry form and attach drawing or print out of your idea.
- A selection of acrylic paint will be made available to artists, provided by Blick Art Materials. If artists have requests beyond acrylic paint these need to be included in the proposal.
- Artists are limited to three proposed ideas each
- Work must be artist’s original work, any copyright approval needed to complete work is the responsibility of the artist to obtain.
Rules, specifications and entry at: Entry form.
Fill out online entry form here.